The governing body meet at least six times a year to review the work of the school and plan for its future development. Groups of governors and school staff also meet in sub committees where much of the detailed work is done. The governing body are responsible for many areas of school life such as:
- Accountability for the performance of the federation
- Plans for the federation future direction
- Makes decisions on the school’s budgets and staffing
- Makes sure the National Curriculum is taught
- Decides how the schools can encourage pupils’ spirtitual, moral and cultural development
If you wish to speak to a governor please speak to the school office. If you wish to contact the Chair of Governors direct please email email@example.com
Please click on the link below to enter the Ofsted Parent View page. Once you have registered you can complete the survey and add your comments and review on our schools.
|Mr Daniel Lister||Chair/Co-opted||Appointed 21/9/17|
|Mrs Eliza Hollis||Headteacher|
|Rev Karen Jongman||Foundation||Appointed 7/7/18|
|Mr Peter Brough||Foundation||Appointed 21/1/16|
|Mrs Charlotte Etheridge||Foundation||Appointed 4/5/18|
|Mr Andrew Henry-Moore||Staff||Appointed 1/9/15|
|Mr Aaron Peck||Parent||Appointed 1/12/15|
|Mr Kevin West||Foundation||Appointed 21/9/17|
|Mrs Mary Koniewienko||Foundation||Appointed 4/5/18|
The governing body also form sub-committees where much of the detailed work is done.
|Curriculum/Performance & Targets Committee|
|Resources/Finance & Premises Commitee|
|Governing Body||28th November 2018|
|Governing Body||26th March 2019|
|Governing Body||4th June 2019|
|Governing Body||10th July 2019|
|Finance Committee||18th October 2018|
|Finance Committee||19th March 2019|
|Finance Committee||24th June 2019|
|Curriculum Committee||10th October 2018|
|Curriculum Committee||30th January 2019|
|Curriculum Committee||17th June 2019|
The Forest CE Federations' statement is "Small enough to care, large enough to inspire, Valuing all God's children". The Governing body of The Forest CE Federation during all it's meetings will keep this at the forefront of its decision making.
As a Governing body our vision for the Federation is to provide every child an outstanding education through excellence in academic achievement whilst promoting curiosity, enthusiasm and independence. Every pupil should enjoy and benefit from the highest standard of teaching and learning.
The Governing body has three core functions, these are to:
1) Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2) Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
3) Overseeing the financial performance of the Federation and making sure its money is well spent.
To support our vision we will:
- Promote the Church of England ethos through our values and promote every child's social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to develop skills and knowledge and ignite a passion for lifelong learning.
- Ensure the long term sustainability of our schools. Consistent pupil intakes are imperative, and we will explore every avenue available to us to ensure we are able to serve our village communities for many years to come.
- Use the resources of the Federation to benefit all pupils. Each school must be financially sound, making the best of it's income that positively impacts on the quality of education.
- We expect our staff to continually develop through high quality CPD to ensure they are well equipped to meet the diverse needs of all learners. The learning environment will be safe where respect and caring attitudes flourish.
- Be reflective and always find ways to improve. All pupils, staff and governors will celebrate success and support development.
- As governors, be appropriately trained, guided and supported in our collective and individual roles to fully discharge our statutory responsibilities.